Monday, April 26, 2010

Pot Holes?

When I lived in the US pot holes were not very common, and if they did show up they were usually small and fixed within a week…

Not the case here…In fact what we term “pot holes” really doesn’t do Ugandan pot holes justice…I was thinking about it today and how I could describe these road hazards…

And after much thought, the best way I thought to describe them is that our pot holes are more like bomb shelters…If you jumped in a pulled a board over you, you could probably survive for weeks…some of them are even big enough to house small families…so when I say my car could be swallowed by one…I am being literal, not melodramatic…

That being said, I came across a dozie of a pot hole today…it was so big that all the cars opted to hop the curb and drive on the sidewalk rather than try and navigate their way through the crater…

It made me smile, and really made me think just how boring driving is going to be if I ever end up driving in LA again…seriously…not even downtown LA compares to this!

On a related note…If guys love extreme sports (such as off-roading) so much, why don’t more guys want to move to Uganda?! Cause seriously…it has become an every day sport for me…and if I don’t say so myself, I am getting pretty good at it!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love it! You definitely have a thing or two to teach us LA drivers about 'traffic jams' and road hazards! I'm sure most guys here don't even know the meaning of off-roading compared to you!

Love you!