Monday, April 5, 2010

Grade Beef...Grade Chocolate?!

I have come to realize in my more mature years that there really is a scale of good vs bad chocolate...

Its kinda like Grade Beef...you can get the good stuff or you can settle for 2nd best and pray that you didn't get any weird random parts ground into the beef...

So as I was eating a candy bar that someone sent to me from the US...that declared that it was the "World's Finest" I whole heartedly had to disagree...

It was BAD...and honestly...it was comparable to bad Ugandan chocolate...so this makes me think that we need an international grading scale when it comes to chocolate...

I vote they just print it right on the label so you can decide whether or not its worth the calories or your time...

For my taste...this is the scale I propose...in order from the best to the worst...

1. Swiss Dark Chocolate with Hazelnuts...oh yeah
2. Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate
3. Dove Dark Chocolate
4. Dark Chocolate with Coffee beans
5. Hershey's Special Dark
6. Dark Chocolate Peanut butter cups
7. Dark Chocolate in General
8. Swiss White Chocolate
9. Swiss Milk Chocolate
10. Dove Milk Chocolate
11. Candy Bars...you know the ones...ones that don't count as real chocolate...Kit Kats, Reeses, Etc...Pretty much anything that has to advertise with a bright label because that's the best part of the eating experience...I find that every country has this stuff...and its GROSS!

So yeah...if you didn't figure out the general scale, Good Dark Chocolate ROCKS and most milk chocolate SUCKS

Chocolate expert...signing off...

No comments: