Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter Traditions....

Someone asked me yesterday what American traditions are for easter and to be honest...I really had NO idea...

BUT today, the answer came to me...as I was sitting in a shuttle going to Jinja (about a 2 hour drive from my house)...my easter tradition is to go away...to do something fun and adventurous...

I think this started because I was a teacher and always had a week off right before easter...Some of my easter break trips in the past included London, Paris and Hawaii...all great fun...

So what did I do this easter?

I had a 4 day weekend...

Friday I went to the Entebbe Zoo...hung out with some monkeys and saw some of the local animal life



Saturday I went white water rafting on the Nile...and only managed to flip out of the raft once during a rapid





and then Sunday-Monday I went home to my village to visit my kids from Ebenezer Family and Mama Jane...

It was great fun, keeping in tradition of doing fun and adventurous things...but this time I did them within a 2 hour radius of my home here in Uganda!

No comments: