Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Joys of being an Alien...

So yes...its true...I have been an illegal alien here for about two months now...but let me say...it really isnt my fault!

My visitor visa has long since expired and well...the work permit process is a long one...

So on Wednesday, I decided that I need to be a little MORE proactive and I went into Kampala for the day to try and get things sorted out...

1 trip to the US Embassy
1 afternoon at Africa Renewal Ministry Headquarters
2 trips to the Ministry of Internal Affairs
a few mad dashes across town in search of copy machines
and 12 hours later...I can officially say the paperwork is submitted...

They told me to come back in a week though so I have the feeling that the process is far from being over...

Be praying that all goes well!

1 comment:

teri said...

Many many of us are praying about this, glad you have a pass, but please keep us posted. We will be glad when this issue is finally resolved.