Monday, August 11, 2008

A Great Day

I had such a great time today.

A friend of mine got a new job here in California and so she visited my church as she drove from Ohio out to Palm Springs. I haven't seen her for about a year and a half and so I was looking forward to visiting with her. The crazy thing about our friendship is that we met in Uganda in 2006. She was there helping at a hospital for three months and I was there on a short term trip and we happened to be staying with the same people. We hung out and got to know each other during the trip and then I came back here to California and she went to Ohio to go through nursing school. She wants to eventually go back to Africa to be a nurse. So seeing her today was only the second time I have ever seen my friend on American soil...so of course it was going to be a great day just because of that.

So God, having the sense of humor that He has, thought He would make my day even greater than I thought it would be... How you ask?

As church starts my pastor brings up someone one stage to come and share a little bit about his ministry... It turns out my friend and I both know him from Uganda.....He is a Ugandan who works at an an orphanage home/school outside of Kampala. My friend and I just looked at each other and laughed - It was soooo cool!

After church my friend and I went up to say hi and catch up with him. We all had the opportunity to go to lunch together and I couldn't help but smile as I was sitting in the middle of a restaurant in Simi Valley with two of my African friends....(granted one is white but hey, her heart is African)

Turns out our Ugandan friend needs a nurse at the orphanage, I love how God plans out our lives in such amazing ways!

Some would say that today was one of those "it's such a small world" kinda days....I say is it a small world or do we just have a Big God...I vote for the second one...

I love days like this!

No comments: