I get asked this question a lot so since I don't own my own video camera...I will rely on some youtube videos to try and answer that question...
PART 1... DRIVING
- Man with the biggest tires wins
- All of the road is free driving space no matter what direction you are going
- When passing...honk, swerve and cut-off
- Pedestrians right of way??? HaHa...refer to Rule 1
- The Side of the road is for passing...or for forcing slower traffic to the side...not walking!
- No helmets, seat belts, or car seats required
- All cars or taxis should be occupied fully!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION...At its best?? - Judge for yourself =)
Here's the View from a Motorcycle Taxi (aka Boda Boda):
If Taking a Van Taxi (aka Matatu), make sure you get on the right one...
If you are riding in a Matatu...Don't expect a personal space bubble...You may in fact have a stranger on your lap at the next stop!
Stay tuned for more answers to the popular question..."What's Africa Like?" in the near future!