Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wait on the Lord

On Friday night I had the opportunity to speak to our singles group at church. Being a teacher I am used to speaking to kids on a daily basis but when it comes to adults I tend to get a little nervous. I knew it was coming for a few weeks so by the time Friday rolled around I was a little nervous and still not 100% sure what I wanted to say.

A friend of mine lovingly told me not to screw it up but also encouraged me with a song called "Wait on the Lord" which reminded me that God's timing is perfect and no matter what I do I can't screw up His plans.

Friday I wrote up a few little talking points but when it came to speaking I didn't even use them. The funny thing is I can't even remember half of what I said but I know there were a few scripture verses in there. I was worried that everyone would see my nervousness rather than my heart.

Afterwards, friends of mine said it was great and that my heart for Africa shone through...some close friends of mine even mentioned that they learned more that they weren't even aware of. I know that it was God speaking through me and I am truly blessed to know that whenever God asks me to do something He will always be there to help me through it...how silly it was of me to be nervous, God's plan is so much bigger and better than me and my feelings!

I am happy to say that as a result of me talking on Friday I have 3 new friends that are being soooo supportive of my ministry. It is amazing to see God raise up people for this ministry. I am going to sit back and see what else has in store - He never ceases to amaze me!

No comments: