Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't Waste Your Life!

So I know I mentioned that I read Francis Chan's "Crazy Love" book which totally chewed me up and spit me out but I am also reading another book, John Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life" and just in case you are wondering....that one is giving me another good beating!

Now, I am one that likes to share, so rather than being beaten around by myself...here are some "nuggets of knowledge"...or dare I say "daggers of truth" that I have learned so far.

Either way, I hope they challenge you as they have me, and they call you closer to the Savior and His desires for your life rather than your own!


  • "the power and the motive behind taking risks for the cause of God is not heroism, or the lust for adventure, or the courage of self-reliance, or the need to earn God's good will, but rather faith in the all-providing, all-ruling, all-satisfying Son of God, Jesus Christ." p. 90
One of my prayers has been that when people look at me they will see Jesus in me and that my "risks" won't be self-serving but God-serving...if you ever see it as otherwise...please call me on it!


  • "[I]f we look like our lives are devoted to getting and maintaining things, we will look like the world, and that will not make Christ look great. He will look like a religious side-interest that may be useful for escaping hell in the end, but doesn't make much difference in what we live and love here. He will not look like an all-satisfying treasure. And that will not make others glad in God" p. 108
WOW.... I don't want my life to make God look like a side-interest!


  • "Using our possessions in a way that makes the most needy glad in God would save us in more ways than one. It would confirm that Christ is our Treasure...and it would transform our society" p. 114
Hummm...How can I make this practical in my life? I thought of some ways...but I would love to here some other ideas...Any thoughts??

No comments: