Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It’s All In Who You Know…

As a fan of the movie “Shawshank redemption” I was surprised at the similarities of the prisoners and of missionaries…A weird comparison I know!!
I find it rather amusing actually! One thing I have noticed myself and my friends doing a lot of here is saying….”guess what I got!” or “Guess what I found”

In a place where you cant get everything you are used to we are great at finding creative ways to get stuff, kinda like knowing “the guy” in prison who can get stuff when you can’t get it for yourself…

I am so thankful for those of you…my “suppliers”, who have helped me “get stuff”…for carrying extra things in your luggage or for paying a pretty penny for a parcel shipped to my PO box…they are all things that make Uganda a little more homey! Each time I eat a piece of dark chocolate or pamper my feet with foot scrub…God reminds me of you and the friendships I share with all of you on the other side of the world!

I couldn’t do it without you and am sure thankful to know each and every one of you1 Weebale nnyo!!! (Thank you very much!)

No comments: