Sunday, January 17, 2010

Comings and Goings…

Even though I have only been on the field for 6 months I have felt the effects of the transitional life of missionaries…

What exactly do I mean??

Well…life as a missionary is so unlike life in the US…you have terms on the field, you have home service off the field and you have vacation time that serve as your mandatory “mental health” get aways…

The problem is, you make friends with your fellow missionaries serving in the same areas as you and all of your new friends are on completely different schedules then you…

SO you may make a friend…see them for a month or two, then they go to the states for 6 to 12 months before you see them again…and then at that point…it’s your turn to go away and the cycle continues…

I have to say, it’s difficult!! I have a few of my fellow missionary friends in the states right now and honestly…I miss them LOTS and cant wait for them to return…but I know that this is just the beginning of living life in a very transitional way…

No comments: