Friday, September 26, 2008

"In God's Mighty Hand"


Thank you all for your continued prayers for my friend Rachel who was in the Metrolink train crash on September 12th.

She has undergone 5 surgeries so far, has one scheduled for tomorrow, and another one that has yet to be scheduled. Please pray for her continued healing. These are not minor surgeries.

Also be in prayer for her family as this goes in to week 3 of sitting an ICU waiting room. Pray for steadfast faith, for strength and for refreshment as well as for wisdom in making decisions.

Also pray for open doors for Rachel's sister Agnes. As she tries to get her VISA approved so she can come and be with her sisters during this time.
Five days before Rachel was in the Metrolink accident we had a scripture reading at church where people were invited to share what they were learning or reading in the bible. Rachel read 1 Peter 5:6 “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.”

1 comment:

Jen said...

Of course I don't mind you used that picture! I think it is such a great photo of her... I specifically searched for one with her great smile! :) I can't wait to see it again!

I love that you mentioned the verse she read. I was trying to remember what it was. Wow... God is so amazing!