Sunday, September 14, 2008

Continue to Pray for Rachel


Sorry it has taken awhile for me to get you this update. Thank you for your continued prayer for my friend Rachel (sitting next to me in the picture above)…
When Rachel was in surgery her status was elevated from critical to life threatening. She was in surgery for a long time and the doctors said that it was not looking good (this was around 1:00pm Saturday).

At 4:30pm I received an update that her condition had stabilized and that she was still unconscious. I just talked to a friend of mine who went down to the hospital. She said that the doctors are keeping her in the unconscious state right now and that it is critical that she stay stable for the next 72 hours.

My friend said that her head is very swollen. Apparently she was in the first car of the train. The crash occurred around 4:30 on Friday afternoon and they were able to airlift her to USC by 6pm so she was one of the first ones that was able to be extracted from the collision. Her sister flew in this evening and we will be going down to see her tomorrow after church.

Please continue to pray for her and her family.

Also, please pray for other families at my church. The last I heard there were two other members of our church that were killed in the collision and one other person from our church who is also in critical condition. I will continue to keep you updated with what I find out.

Thank you again for your prayers!

No comments: