Friday, November 6, 2009

I've reached it...

What you may ask....

Well in the states I could very much say that most of my life...(minus a few years) I was a "love to eat" kind of person...

BUT...I think the impossible has happened...

The transition has come full surface and I am now switching teams and joining the "eat to live" crowd.

Yes, it is sad...

BUT its true.

Today I realized that I lost the love to eat. How did my new found revelation take place??

Here are the events that lead me to my conclusion:
  • 4 months in Uganda, 4 months of PBandJ for breakfast...so much for variety!
  • 1 week at the end of every month...hard bread for my PBandJ breakfast...month old bread really doesn't preserve well here, even if it is in a refrigerator!
  • Picking random ants out of the Jam on my PBandJ...after someone forgets to put it back on after using it!

BUT have to say...those things...while contributing factors still didn't push me over the edge...

What did...

Today as I was spreading my PBandJ onto my hard piece of month old bread good old Auntie Mary makes the statement...this bread is no good...Not uncommon being that we eat old hard bread all the time BUT after her statement she proceeded to stick her plain bread under my nose and YUCK! It smelled SO very DISGUSTING!

The sad thing is...we all continued to rub PBandJ all over the bread...I admit I put a little extra jelly then usual and we all sat down...

We all took bites...we all said the bread tasted bad...but we stated the obvious..."We are going to eat it anyways huh?!" and so that is how, my PBandJ slowly disappeared from my plate today and I was confronted with the very sad fact that I no longer eat for enjoyment BUT rather I eat to survive...

Its sad BUT its true...

Pray for me...and for the loaf of bread we will get tomorrow...I have to admit though...From now on I am not gonna smell it...I am better off not knowing just how bad it is!

Enjoy some eggs and bacon for me :]

1 comment:

teri said...

the kitchen has been overrun with ants this year - your brother went under the house today and said there are a zillion ants under there...have tried everything, vinegar helps...but as i brush ants aside while making food for the past few months sooo often i have thought of you and the pictures of your "kitchen". I haven't worried if we get ants in our meals, i keep saying it's more protein and i am sure Lena is eating ants, at least ants...today you have proven me correct. You have helped my perspective immensly when it comes to food and being overly obsessed with it. I will pray about your meals, but i do thank the Lord for what He is teaching me through those meals of yours, if that helps that pj&j to taste more like #3 coffee cake {*;*} xox