Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bitter Sweet

While the last two months have been filled to the max with homework, class lectures, and reading, I have to say that I will miss this place when Sunday rolls around.

I have had the opportunity to build friendships and community in a way I have never done before. Now don't get me wrong...I have great friendships at home but its something about this place.

Our friendships didn't start with a "What's your favorite color?" conversation or even a "What do you like to do?" question...they started with a "Tell me your deepest darkest secret EVER" question and evolved from there. I know more about my new friends than I would have ever even imagined and I would want it no other way.

We have laughed together, cried together, and invested time. While I know that these new friends of mine are friends forever, Sunday is bitter sweet because I know it will never be the same as it is now.

Some of us will be off to Kenya, some to Mexico, some to India, some to Cambodia, some to Uganda, and some to Florida. My prayer is that oceans and time zones don't keep us apart but rather bring us even closer together as we seek to develop Christ-centered communities all over this planet we live on.

I love you guys!

1 comment:

kboden said...

Beautiful, Lena. Guess what? We're gonna miss you, too.