Sunday, May 25, 2008

The hardest thing...

You might find it interesting but when I think of the hardest thing that I have to do in the upcoming year it isn't renting out my house, it isn't moving, it isn't quiting my job, or leaving my friends and family but rather it is having to humble myself enough to ask for financial support.

My parents, as many of yours I am sure, raised me with the idea that you need to be financially independent with money in the bank for a rainy day and a retirement account for your future.

The problem with missions is that you aren't working for that steady paycheck that most of us have come to rely on but you are depending on God for the money to come in each and every day. I'll be honest...that scares me to death! If I had the choice I would rather pull out all my hair strand by strand than to think about being dependant on others. I have found myself thinking about what will happen if I don't have enough to pay my bills, or enough to eat, or even enough to keep a roof over my head.

On the other hand though, I am excited that I will have to really rely on God each and every month to provide for my needs and I am excited that this dependence will grow my relationship with Him even more than I can imagine.

I am also excited that this dependence joins me together with the body of Christ. While I have not left yet I already feel supported and loved. Thank you to all of you who pray for me, love me and support me! It warms my heart more than you will ever know!


(FYI...If you chose to support me financially through a monthly or one-time gift click on the "NMSI donations" link to the right and click on my name, Helena Pira. Your gifts are tax deductible and greatly appreciated.)

No comments: