Monday, October 18, 2010

Shaken NOT Stirred...

I went to fill my gas tank last week and drove away chuckling...

Why?

Something new happened that has never happened to me before!

I drove up, popped open the tank release, rolled down my window and asked the petrol attendant to fill up my tank...

Now in UG they love to get it really really full...today was no exception BUT I think the attendant I had was trying to get a gold medal in filling tanks to their maximum capacity...

When the counter started slowing and I thought for sure the attendant had filled it to its capacity I started to pull out my money to pay but rather than coming to the window to tell me my balance the attendant comes to my window and says "I shake??"

"I Shake??"" I think to my self, hum...this is a new one, so I repeated what he said and sure enough, I got it right the first time...curious as to what he was talking about I said "SURE!" with confidence...

Lets say, I wasnt expecting what I got, because at my resounding, "sure" the man started shaking or more like rocking my car back and forth...

I felt like a milkshake or a martini getting jostled about in the front seat...riding out the waves...

Then after his shaking, he proceeded to squeeze in an additional 300 shillings (approx 15cents) of petrol into my tank...

Yep, my tank was definitely as full as it was going to get, I paid and off I drove, with a little chuckle and a smile!

Just another reason why I love Uganda!!

No comments: