Tuesday, December 8, 2009

For I know the Plans I have for you says the Lord….

Thank goodness that God knows the plans and that he has everything under control! I can not tell you how often my own plans have changed while I have been here but I am glad to know that while I make plans, God is the one who directs my steps!

So the Plan (at least at this point)??

ARM has found me a place to live in Bunga which is just 5 minutes from where I will be working and about 10 minutes outside of the capital city, Kampala.

I have to say, I was pretty proud of myself and my bargaining skills because I managed to get the price cut by $150 per month of what I was originally told I could rent the place for Yeah me!!

I will be spending the next few weeks getting the place clean and furnished so that I can be all moved in and start working with Ggaba Bible Institute at the beginning of January.

It is all moving along so fast and it is hard to believe that I have already lived in the bush of Uganda for 6 months!

I have a feeling that adjusting to city life is going to be tough in some ways but more convenient in others. I am so excited to be able to have a bathroom and a kitchen again! Yahoo!! But on the other hand…now I actually need to figure out how to cook for my self from scratch…which is something I have never really been very good at!

One thing is true though…I sure will miss life with my New Hope family and I am so glad that when I need a fix they are just 2 hours away!

No comments: