Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Important

Over the last few weeks I have heard some of my christian friends say that voting is not important because God is in control and has a plan.

I do believe that God has a plan and He is in control but as Christians who live in America we also have a responsibility to vote. We should not vote for selfish desires but how God would want us to vote according to His word.

Normally I am not one to talk politics, and if this offends you I am sorry, but I do think that many Christians believe they can be passive about their faith when God wants us to be about action. He said that a faith without works is dead.

Are you loving your neighbors as yourself? Are you loving people that may be different than you? This includes people that my have different sexual orientations and beliefs too. It doesn't mean that you okay sinful behavior but that you love on them as Christ loved on them when He walked the earth.

I challenge you to stand up for Christ on November 4th. I challenge you to vote as if God was standing next to you.

You do have a voice in this election...make it Christ honoring and not just people pleasing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!