Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Possible Job in Africa!

Thank you all for your prayers! I see them working in amazing ways! I may have mentioned to some of you that I was looking into International School in Uganda as a possible job while I am there. There is only one Christian International School that really caught my eye when I was looking. It is called Heritage International School. I emailed the principal of the school about 2 months ago and didn't get a response back. Today, I received the response and it is really excited me...Here is what it said:

Lena,

Sorry for the delayed response to your inquiry. I was just appointed principal and have been working my way through the backlog of e-mails.
We would LOVE to have you come work at Heritage International School!
We have various needs that perhaps you could help with.
* We have just implemented the British IGCSE curriculum and need some serious renovation to our curriculum guides for the secondary school, as well as some updating to the existing guides.
* We also have occasional needs for substitutes for teachers.
* We will most likely need a principal for the 2009-2010 school year.
* We currently do not have a separate job for recruiter and it would be helpful to have that.

I can have our administrative secretary send you our application (which includes our statement of faith) for you to look over and fill out if you are interested in joining us.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.


The cool thing about the response is that I already gave her my qualifications and these are the areas she feels I may be qualified in. The even cooler thing is that these are the areas I wanted to help serve in... I want to help them with curriculum renovation and making the curriculum more accessible to the students, I also want to help teacher teach better and help to get local kids into school. I know it is a long way off but it excites me that God is working out details now and giving me a little more direction in the way He wants me to go. Keep the prayers coming my friends, great things are happening!

No comments: