Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The 1st real NO....

So of course I have had individuals who oppose me going to Africa but I haven't had that outright "No, we aren't interested in supporting you" line until now.

I have to admit, I was a little surprised because up until this point I have had alot of encouragement and if someone said no to financial support they still wanted to hear prayer requests or updates on the ministry, but that was not the case this time.

I am not sure if I was shocked because it is my mom's church of about 8 years and a church that I too had attended for a few years or if it was the shortness and the lack of interest that accompanied it.

I know God already knows who and who won't support me but it still hurts to be rejected like that. The person in me wants to scream, "But why not?" but then the other side of me knows that deep down God just wants me to learn to sit back, watch Him work and trust Him more.

I'm trying and WOW is it HARD!

Pray for me to learn to trust more!

No comments: