Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's Science People...

I opened my SEALED, Snap lid container of rice today and to my surprise...some of my little friends had sneaked in. I'm still stumped at how they managed to get into the supposedly airtight containers but don't worry...that wasn't my scientific revelation!

I went through a now common exercise of sifting the bugs out of my rice, poured my 2 cups of rice into my pan, then did another little visual check for any unexpected visitors. I found a few and removed them and then added my 3 cups of water...and... to my surprise I learned a very important scientific fact...

Not only do dead PEOPLE float,
BUT
So do DEAD bugs :)

I found 5 floaters after my addition of the good ol' H20 and thought to myself...gee...if I would have know this fact earlier, I wouldn't have had to go through the pain of sifting!

I think next time I find friends in my rice, I am just going straight for the drowning/floating method, after all, its fast AND effective!

Till next time....

1 comment:

THE SUPERNATURAL said...

Hahahahhahah!!Got to try it too