Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Web of Friends

And by a web I mean a very tangled web...

Have you ever heard of the 6 degrees of separation?? Well over the last several months my own little friend web has been uncovered...how you may ask??

It all started with a few pictures from my friend Janay...




Janay gave me these pictures last summer...I could only point out Janay (far left). She was on her way into full time ministry with pioneers and so she asked me to help put the pictures together for a slide show. I did it...but never deleted the pictures off my pc...and boy I am glad I didn't!

Totally separate from my friendship with Janay...I met a girl named Lisa at a singles group at my church...she is super cool and so naturally we became facebook friends...One day while on facebook I was looking at Lisa's pictures...it was a deja vu moment. I couldn't figure out why her Kenya pictures looked soooo familiar to me when it hit me...these are the same kids in Janay's pics! So naturally back to my pc I went and well...right next to Janay is Lisa (2nd from the left)

That in itself is quite a web but this week...my web got even more tangled...I was looking yet again at Janay's pictures and found a new familiar face...One of my roommates from my recent training in Florida...Helen

Turns out the picture below is of Helen in front of her house in Kenya...turns out Janay and Lisa went for a visit to see Helen. Talk about a web of friends...

Further investigation of Janay's pictures also cracked me up even more because Helen told me about her house in Kenya catching on fire...Turns out I have a bunch of pictures of the fire damage as well...

Today I was telling Helen all about my discovery...our determination...we were meant to be friends!

No comments: