Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sitting in Silence

Today is a good day. It hasn't been full of extra noise or things to do but it has just been a day to appreciate silence.

This last month has been great but it has been so busy that I have hardly had a chance to breathe. Today I am sitting in my kitchen in silence. My roommates are out and about, the lights are off, the music is off, and its just me.

I am learning to just "be" rather than to be the one that is always "doing". Don't get me wrong...it is not bad to be a doer but it is when it takes over and you can't just sit and enjoy the stillness around you.

So here's to my quiet day...The Lord knew I needed it and I am so glad that He has blessed me with these few hours of silence.

Be still, and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10

1 comment:

teri said...

Hello Lena, This message makes you seem so small and far away! I haven't called you in two weeks of Fridays - i am soooo sorry! My weeks have been packed full of contractors and dust and urethayne but tonight the last coat of it goes onto the hard wood floor in the bedroom and Tuesday the last of the furniture arrives. I think the bedroom is beautiful and i love the way you helped me design the two-tone walls. I can't wait for you to get home and see how it came out, maybe we can watch a movie on the new bed? I love you, i miss you. xox mom