Thursday, May 20, 2010

HCD Alliance

One partnership that I am really really excited about is with the HCD Alliance. It stands for Holistic Child Development and was started by compassion international. Its aim is to work in collaboration with theological seminaries that have a desire to teach & train up child development workers so they can minister effectively to the communities around them. Currently they only have 2 schools in all of Africa that are a part of the alliance, but GBI will be the third!

We join ranks with schools like Malaysia Baptist, Fuller Seminary and Daystar University. It is an awesome opportunity to work together, in collaboration with believers all over the globe, for one common purpose!

This June (the 2nd-20th), I have been invited to visit Malaysia Baptist Seminary, and get to see hands-on what they are doing and how they are doing it. I can't wait to see what new and exciting things I will learn, and how I can help both Malaysia Baptist and GBI as we continue to train up local leaders for the transformation of the communities around us!

Malaysia...here I come!

No comments: