Thursday, September 17, 2009

Check the tag...

If you are anything like me, you either refuse to buy clothes with a tag that says "hand wash only" or you just stick them in the washing machine anyway and hope for the best.

Let me just say, I am not a fan of hand-washing ANYTHING...dishes, clothes, etc...

Unfortunately there is no dishwasher or washing machine in sight and so I have resorted to hand washing all my clothes.

It isn't too bad if I was a few clothes every couple of days BUT this weekend I had about 3 weeks of clothes in desperate need of washing.

I washed for about 3 hours, went through about 15 gallons of water and managed to get half of my clothes clean...

The other half are "soaking" as they await their turn to be wrung out, and deformed beyond all recognition of their original shape...

The funny thing is...people ask me if I have lost weight and I really have NO idea...Usually I gage by my clothes but since my clothes are growing from all this hand washing...I cant quite tell if I am getting smaller or they are just continuing to get bigger...

Things I miss the most today...My front load washer and dryer!

No comments: