Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Restored!

A few months ago I got a new computer to replace my 5 year old dying PC...good idea? I thought so!

I was wrong...after the excitement of finding someone to bring the PC to me and actually getting it in my hands, I opened it and started the fun...the fun of freezes, crashes and blue screens...

Basically I got a lemon!

The tech guy and I have pretty much emailed back and forth since then...him trying to figure out why the thing freezes and me trying to figure out how to use it for more than 30 minutes without it locking up...

Its been a mess!

So last week we hit the final straw...and they asked me to wipe it clean and just put in windows again...then to let them know what happened, if it froze they would send me a new hard drive, if not...then the was problem on my end that they couldn't figure out why.

I am sure you can guess what happened....a few days latter, I was back up to 10 freezes in one afternoon!

Then the dell man said something that almost made me do a happy dance in the middle of my bed...rather than sending out a new hard drive he wants to send me a replacement computer!

OH HAPPY DAY!

Mr Dell Tech Man, you have restored my faith in the Dell world and I am once again, a satisfied Dell customer!

Now I just have to be patient...5 weeks til I get my new computer :) I can't wait!

No comments: