Saturday, July 10, 2010

I made it!

On July 1st I crossed my first milestone and official hit my 1 year anniversary of living in Uganda!

I can't believe that a year has passed!

It has been 365 days since I last saw a Best Buy, a Walmart, a Target, a Costco, a drive through restaurant...and well...many other things!

BUT even without those things, life here is good and I love seeing all that God has planned for me fall into place!

I've been told that I am Ugandan now...not because I have lived here for a year but because of the way I have become one with the people. It was a real honor to hear that, as there are missionaries who have been here for many many many years and are still considered a "muzungu" or "rich white person"

I am glad my muzungu days are behind me and looking forward to what God has in store for me in year 2 :)

No comments: