Thursday, February 18, 2010

excitement?

Well...I thought so...but it turned out not to be the case...sorry readers...

Here's what happened...

So I was in the village this past weekend...and by village, I mean, deep bush...one family I visited was about an hour and a half walk into the bush, with no car access to reach them...

When I reached home, I noticed that I had a raised bump on the back of my heel with a black dot in the center...Now, let me say, I have never had a jigger in my foot before, but I was told that they pretty much look like a bump with a black spot...

So I asked my neighbor what she thought...she wasn't so sure what it was
So then naturally, I ask a co-worker...who said...yeah probably...
Then I go to the clinic and the doctor says...i don't know what it is...but I don't think its a jigger

Well at this point, I am not quite sure what to do...i know I tried to squeeze it and nothing came out...but still, I'm thinking...this has to be a jigger...

So I go back to work, and tell my co-worker what the doc said...and then she tells me her home remedy to jiggers...

apparently if you poke the black spot with a needle, squeeze a little, then put Vaseline over the area, the jigger just crawls right out of your foot...

yeah...it made me a little sick to my stomach too...

BUT, I also thought...how cool if it actually worked and I caught it on video and posted it on my blog...

So after work, Jennie and I tried her theory...lets just say, If i showed you the video...you would be bored out of your minds cause NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING happened.

And yes, I still have this bump and black spot...Ill keep you posted if anything exciting evolves :) haha...don't cross your fingers though!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

What in the world is a jigger?? Wait, never mind...I really probably don't want to know (unless you do get it on video, then I want to see it!!)